I've been there...thats why I'm here. They are lyrics to a song...by Kenny Chesney. I heard it today and it really hit home. I'm only at this place in my life, begging for Gods grace and mercy, begging for healing, begging for redemption, because I've been "there". If I wouldn't of lost my baby, who knows if I would be at this place in my life. Dont get me wrong, I am not thankful to have lost my child, but sometimes it helps to see the glimmer of light in it all.
Tuesday I went to work with Nate. It was boring...really boring. It was so incredibly nice though to spend a solid nine hours with only him driving through two states. We didnt talk much..but thats okay. I tried to sleep but everytime I closed my eyes, he flicked me, or poked me, or said OH MY GOSH WATCH OUT. He did let me sleep on the way home though :-) Pretty much we just drove...and listened to music...and ate pretzel sticks. and I loved every minute of it. My butt hurt though by the end of the day. Sitting for 9 hours straight isnt as fun as it sounds.
Tomorrow is Friday and thats lovely. I havent spent a weekend with Nate in awhile because of vacation...hunting...etc. so it will be nice. He is still going hunting though, mind you. Just only for a few hours on saturday at home though. Im sure he will go to his mothers for lunch Sunday, so Im hoping to go to church somewhere while he does that.
I was reading the B.I.B.L.EEEEEEEEE today and I read the story of Abraham and Isaac. God asked Abraham to sacrifice his only son and he obeyed! He took Isaac and at the last minute God provided the ram as a substitute. But he was willing to obey God. He was willing to give up his only son. Now, I didnt have an option....and I cant say I would of been willing to obey had I been given one. Abraham obeyed even though it was hard and he trusted God even though he had to of been uncertain. God has a reason and I dont see it yet...but I KNOW one day I will look back and be able to say without a doubt....that is why God walked me down that path.
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment