There is a woman in the Bible named Rahab. She was a prostitute. In the Bible when Joshua is getting ready to invade Canaan he sends two spies into the land to scope it out. The spies end up staying at Rahab's house because they don't think anyone will find them there. Through them being there, Rahab's heart is changed. Men come knocking looking for the spies, and she lies to them. She hides the spies and helps them escape. She tells them she believes in their God. She wants to be on God's side and that is why she lies to the authorities to protect the spies.
They tell her because she has helped them, they will keep her safe. She is to hang a scarlet cord from her window and she will be spared during the battle.
SHE WAS A PROSITUTE. Jesus took someone so low and so "dirty" and used her for something incredible.
Later on in the Bible, Rahab gives birth to Boaz. He ends up marrying Ruth if your familar with her...anyways...Rahab's lineage connects her to Joseph who was the husband of Mary and the earthly father of JESUS.
She was filled with sin. She was improper. She was a castoff. She was REDEEMED. She was chosen to be part of Jesus' lineage.
Despite what I may have done, I KNOW Jesus is still on my side. I am filled with sin. I have no fear though.
Many people are wearing scarlet colored string around their right wrist to signify this. I am now also. (Kabbalah's wear it on their left wrist)
It is an ever present reminded that I am his. No matter what. He sees past all the junk. Others may not, they may judge me but he doesn't and thats all that matters. If he can take a prostitute, the lowest of low back in those times, and connect her to Jesus' family...just imagine what he can do with ME.
<3
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment