I cannot wait until this election is OVER. I am so tired of hearing about and reading about it no matter what website you choose to visit. I am not voting tomorrow. No, I am not anti-american. Frankly, I do not completely agree with either candidate and so I'm not sure how I would decide who to vote for.
This election has really turned me off from voting anyways. People on facebook are constantly publishing links to youtube videos or internet articles trying to convince everyone to vote for who they think is the best candidate. Now if you posting a youtube link and posting in capital letters on your facebook GO VOTE FOR MCCAIN TOMORROW changes anyones choice on who they are voting for, than they shouldn't be voting. Voting polls are PRIVATE. You go into a booth and close a curtain. No one needs to know who you are voting for. Shoving internet articles and youtube videos at everyone is not going to change their minds and make them submit to what you think is right. I DO NOT CARE who you are voting for. I do not care who my neighbor is voting for, and I do not care who my grandfather is voting for. I DONT CARE. I am sure you are all making the choice that is best for you.
I think as a Christian, many people expect that I be a republican. Although, I do know some very awesome Christians who will be out voting for Obama tomorrow. Sure, I do NOT support abortion, I probably am more disgusted with it at this point in my life than any other point, but I DO support womans rights. I do not THINK they should go have an abortion but I also do not think a 12 year old girl who was raped by her father should be forced to carry the child, which will be what happens if abortion is made illegal. I feel as a Christian I am called to witness to people and lovingly explain to them why abortion is wrong. Making abortion illegal will NOT stop it from happening. Making drugs illegal did not stop people from taking them. Girls will continue to have abortions, although alot more unsafely with the proper medical care. Sure, I don't agree with gay marriage but Jesus calls me to LOVE those people regardless .
Abstinence only education is also not a very smart decision and nethier is making forms of birth control illegal. I DO believe teaching teenagers to wait until marriage to have sex is awesome and if they choose that for themselves than that is great but most of them are not going to choose that. As much as you as their mother, or pastor, or aunt, or grandfather want them to, they just might not. And if they have no information about condoms, safe sex, birth control, pregnancy symptoms, etc. they will be VERY lost and putting themselves at risk for alot more than just the guilt of having sex before marriage.
I am in NO place in my life to bestow my judgement upon ANYONE. Therefore, I will not be voting tomorrow. I will not vote to ban gay marriage and I will not vote to make drugs legal. I will not vote to make abortion illegal and I will not vote to tax all wealthy people. I will not vote to keep troops in Iraq or pull them out because I am not there and I will not pretend to know what is best. All I know is what the skewed media as shown me. I will vote for Jesus Christ though and I will continue to live my life with how I feel is pleasing to him.
Romans 13:1 states that God is the ultimate authority. No matter who wins tomorrow, I will be continuing to submit to who I believe is the ultimate authority. Nethier Obama or McCain are going to tell ME what is right and how I should live my life. Romans also states that we are to respect authority in the government and pray for them. So regardless on who you are voting tomorrow, Jesus is the ultimate authority and he calls us to submit and respect whoever wins tomorrow.
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago
1 comment:
Those were great comments about voting. I do agree. We just have to prayer for our leaders and try our best to do what we can. Politics will always be politics. Promises only made by God are upheld yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
Post a Comment